Friday, August 11, 2006

"Honor and shame from no condition rise,
Act well your part, there all the honor lies."
Alexander Pope
Wow! This quote is too deep, and it would take a lot of time pondering over its meaning. Looking at it reminds me of all those medieval epic movies I've watched. This would be a great and perfect time for me to apply what I've learned and realized from those "bloody" scenes. Long ago, people believed that honor and glory can only be attained by going to war and winning a fight. I disagree with this very much. People do not need to die in order for them to be remembered and honored. They can do great things without risking their own lives. I support the second line of Alexander Pope's quote. "Act well your part." Doing our simple roles as law-abiding and cooperative citizens of our country can give us honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home